Thursday, February 22, 2007

Flight Incident

Wednesday, February 21st, 2007, I had a flight from surabaya to jakarta. My father drive me to Juanda airport. Lots of uneasy feeling that time. We depart from our house nearly without sparetime incase of traffic jam. It's true that we didn't have any meaningful traffic jams. But The rain falls heavily.

We arrive at airport at 16.30 while my flight depart on 17.10. Still enough time, I thought. So I rush to check in at AirAsia counter. The counter officer said that the flight will delayed one hour, to 18.10. So I have to wait one hour. I'm fine with that actually. What makes me uneasy is, untill 18.50, there's still no news about the ship we will board. People start to wandering arround at airport lounge.

The cause of this unpredicted delay is accident of one of Adam Air ship which slip off while landing on runway 10. According to newspaper, it's sustain large pressure at a moment before landing which makes the ship unstable and broke the wheels. I don't know for the detail though. That accident makes some ships which will land on runway 10 must detour to Ngurah Rai airport at denpasar, bali. while ships that just departed from jakarta returned to Soekarno-Hatta airport.

The cleaning of runway 10 takes time. At 8.20, AirAsia ship finally arrived. We board to it at 8.40 and depart at 9.00 or more. Thus, we delayed for four hours. The last two incident involving aircraft are involving Adam Air. Still in our memories where Adam Air lost at Makassar. Now, We had a little incident involving the same company. Although there's no cassualties, this can drive people opinion about safety on Adam Air ships. Specially for the victims. As for me, we can't fully blame the company since that time, the weather suddenly turn into a really bad conditions.

I hope all companies can learn from this incident and think more about passengers' safety.

No comments: